Google Maps allows you to explore the world around you. You can search for a location or browse the area around you.
- In the search box, enter the place you’re looking for. You can enter an address, a city, or a type of business or establishment. (See Sample search queries).
- Touch Go to search.
As you enter information, suggestions from your previous searches and from popular searches appear in a list below the search box. You can touch a suggestion to search for it.
View search results
After searching, markers indicate search results on the map.
Touch a marker to open an info window that contains a summary of information about the location. Touch the info window to open a screen with more information, as well as options for obtaining directions and more.
Note: Depending on your location and search area you may see emergency notifications (like an evacuation for a hurricane) or everyday alerts (like storm warnings) on Google Maps. Learn more about Public Alerts.
Sample search queries
- business name
- business category [pizza restaurant]
- city, state [mountain View, ca]
- ZIP code 
- postal address [1600 amphitheater parkway mountain view ca]
- street intersection, city, state [w 43rd and 7th, ny, ny]
- airport code [SFO]
- latitude longitude [loc:51.5 0]