To use the My Location (Beta) feature, you need opt in to My Location.
The first time you use Google Maps in your mobile browser, you're prompted to "Allow" Maps to use your location. If you opted out, you can clear your location settings to receive the prompt again, and allow Maps to access your location.
Allow location access
For Safari (iOS):
- From your Home screen, go to Settings > General > Reset
- Select Reset Location Warnings
Note: This will reset your location warnings for all sites and applications.
For Browser (Android):
- Go to Menu > More > Settings
- In Settings, go to Website settings > Google Maps Mini > Clear location settings
For Apple devices:
- Go to Settings > General > Location Services
- Make sure Location Services is switched to On.
For Android devices:
- Go to Menu > Settings > Location & security.
- Make sure Use wireless networks is checked.