Although, the Google Earth Plug-in developers API is supported by Internet Explorer 6+ (32 bit), to use the Google Earth Plug-in with Earth view in Google Maps you must have Internet Explorer 7+ (32 bit).
When Installing the Google Earth Plug-In on Internet Explorer, you will be required to click through multiple dialog boxes before the installer starts running. The screenshot below shows a Security Warning dialogue box. This is the first dialogue box that will appear:
When the box appears, click “Run” to continue installing. You will need to click through two of these boxes. For certain Operating Systems, a User Account Control warning dialogue box may appear:
Trouble Installing the Google Earth Plug-In on a Mac
You may find this article helpful if you receive an installation error that reads:
The Installer encountered an unknown error that failed the install. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
You can try installing the plug-in via the Mac OS X terminal (command line interface) by following the steps below:
- Download and open the Google Earth Browser Plug-in installer file (the GoogleEarth-Mac-Plugin-
- Ensure that the installer correctly mounted by opening Finder and looking for the GoogleEarth-Mac-Plugin item under the Devices section in Finder's left pane. If you don't see this item in Finder, try double-clicking the downloaded file again or see below on how to get more help.
- Quit all open browsers by choosing Safari > Quit Safari in Safari and Firefox > Quit Firefox in Firefox.
- Drag the installer dmg file to the Applications folder.
- To manually install, just go to /Library/Internet Plug-in/ (remove any previous Google Earth Plugin.plugin file) and drag the new copy to the mentioned folder.
We maintain a list of feature requests at our public issue tracking page.
Before submitting a new feature request, search the list to see if someone has already submitted something similar. If so, you can 'vote' for the feature by clicking the star icon next to the feature summary. You will receive e-mail updates whenever any of your starred feature requests are updated.
To submit a new feature request, click the 'New Issue' link at the top of the issue list and choose 'Feature Request' as the Template.
Reporting a Bug
We maintain a list of bugs at our public issue tracking page.
To report a bug that isn't already filed, click the 'New Issue' link at the top of the issue list and choose 'Bug' as the Template.