The description field for places and folder can contain a lengthy amount of text, sufficient for detailed descriptions. When you click a placemark icon in the 3D viewer, the description for that place appears in the information balloon that pops up. A scroll bar appears when the description is too long to fit in the entire balloon.
In the 'Places' panel, a small amount, or snippet, of the description appears beneath the folder or item.
Keep in mind the following points about text in the Description field:
- Valid web URLs are automatically converted to HTML and can be clicked on from the info balloon to produce the related web page in the web window.
- Many HTML tags are respected, such as font, style, and table tags. If you are familiar with HTML, you can be quite creative in how your descriptions are formatted! All HTML tags should be properly closed.
- You can include images in your description using the IMG HTML tag to refer to either:
- Images stored on your computer's hard drive (e.g., <img src="C:\Documents and Settings\HP\My Documents\Pictures\myDescriptiveImage.jpg">)
- Images on the internet (e.g. <img src="http://www.test.com/images/myDescriptiveImage.jpg">).