In the DoubleClick Search (DS) UI, you can update the settings of multiple ads or keywords at once. You’ll first need to filter the table so it contains only the ads or keywords you want to update. You’ll then be able to do the following in bulk:
- Change the status
- Update with all new text for the ad headline, body, or URLs.
- Find and replace existing text in the headline, body, or URLs.
- Change the status
- Max CPC bid:
- Enter a new bid.
- Increase/decrease the bid by either a percentage or a set amount.
- Landing page URL:
- Enter a new URL.
- Find and replace existing text in the URL.
- Append text to the URL. This value will be added at the end of any existing text in the URL.
- Schedule edits: You can set up a schedule for bulk edits of keywords (all possible edits) or ads (status changes only).
- This allows you to keep your regular working hours and still have DS make needed changes any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can use this functionality to schedule one-off events, such as activating ads or keywords at midnight to coincide with the launch of a promotion. It’s also good for recurring events, such as temporarily lowering bids on keywords during weekends or overnight.
- To see a summary of your scheduled edits, or to pause, resume, or delete them, click Scheduled edits in the left nav.
- You can set up a filter to refine your bulk edit selection:
- Click Filter in the toolbar above the performance summary graph.
- Set up a filter so the table contains only the ads or keywords you want to update.
If you need to further refine your selection, select the check boxes next to the ads or keywords you want to edit.
If you don’t select any check boxes, DS will edit all the ads or keywords across all pages.
In the toolbar above the table, click the Edit button and select the action you want to take.
The Editing panel appears,
- The Applies to option shows the number of ads or keywords you selected.
You also have the option to select all ads or keywords across all pages or matching the filter.
Set up the bulk edit
- For keyword bulk edits and bulk status changes to ads, you can set up a schedule.
- Next to Start, elect to start the edit at a later time or set up a recurring schedule.
- If necessary, use the Revert option to undo the changes at a certain time.
- Enter the email addresses of the users to be notified of these changes.
A line above the table displays the progress of the bulk edit. If needed, you can attempt to cancel the edits. It's possible to cancel a bulk edit while objects are being sent to the engine; visit the Bulk operations page to see which edits were fully processed before cancellation. However, if you click Cancel too late in the process, DS will finish all the edits.
You can click the More details link to see the Bulk operations page.
The Bulk operations page shows a history of bulk edits in the past 30 days for the advertiser. You can download a report from the Results column for more details, including the reasons that any of the ads/keywords failed to be updated.
You can also use this report to undo a bulk edit. Follow these steps:
Click Bulk operations in the left nav.
The Bulk operations page appears.
In the Results column, click a Download reports link.
After the download is complete, open the report in a spreadsheet tool like Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice.
Remove the rows that contain the edits you want to preserve.
For the rows of edits that you want to undo, switch the column titles of the original and new columns.
For example, switch Original Keyword max CPC with Keyword max CPC.
If any of the cells in the switched columns are blank, enter delete_content in those cells.
Upload the report back into DS.