About Google Accounts
Google uses its single sign-on technology for DoubleClick products. This will allow you to manage multiple DoubleClick accounts and Google accounts with a single username and password. Use the same sign-on for Google products including AdWords, AdSense, Analytics, etc.
Before a user can be given access to the DoubleClick suite, the user's email address must be associated with a Google Account. A Google Account doesn't need to be a Gmail Account. We encourage you to update to a Google Account that uses your work email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you don't have a Google Account associated with your work email address, you can create one here.
Getting access to DoubleClick Search
DoubleClick Search is the platform used for day-to-day campaign management, reporting and bid optimization. It can be accessed at https://www.google.com/doubleclick/search/
Currently, users can only be added/removed by the DoubleClick Search Support team. To request access for a user on your team, submit a request to email@example.com with the following information:
- New user's email address
- User Type
- Agency Name
- DS Agency URL
- DS Advertiser (for advertiser-specific user types)
A confirmation email will be sent upon completion. User creation can take up to 24 hours.
Getting access to DFA
DoubleClick for Advertisers (DFA) is the platform used for advertiser creation and conversion tag management. It can be accessed at http://advertisers.doubleclick.net/
You have the ability to add/remove users in DFA to create new advertisers and conversion tags. There are two components to creating a new user in DFA:
- User Profile: Each user has a unique User Profile. The User Profile is where you can create filters so that users can access all advertisers, or just specific advertisers.
- User Role: Each User Profile is assigned a User Role. User Roles allow you to set permissions for whether a user is able to view or take action on a particular element (e.g. create advertisers, edit users) in DFA.
Follow the steps below to create new User Roles (if necessary):
- Sign in to DFA
- Click on the Admin tab and select User roles
- From the User roles page, click New user role
- Enter a name for the user role in the User role name field
- Choose a Source user role. The Source user role is the basis for the permissions in the new user role, and you can always go back to the Source user role's permissions by clicking Revert to source
Pay attention Advertiser/Floodlight Management permissions if you would like your user to be able to create advertisers and/or floodlight tags (Admins have these features selected by default)
- Use the checkboxes to set the permissions for the new user role
- Click Save
Follow the steps below to create new User Profiles: