After you start an upload on the Uploads page, the Uploads list will display information on the status of your upload. It also displays a history of other uploads. The following dynamic reporting information appears:
Filename: Click a link in this column to download the original upload file.
Engine account: Intended destination of the upload file.
Uploaded: Date and time when the user first sent the upload to DoubleClick Search.
Who: The name of the person who performed the upload.
Status: The stage of the processing cycle for the upload as a whole:
- Processing: Upload is in the process of being booked on DS or sent to the engine.
- Completed: Upload to DS and the engine is done, and there were no errors.
- Completed with errors: Upload to DS and the engine is done, but there were some errors. Look at the Results column for more information.
Results: Includes real-time status updates, from processing in DS to items sent to the engine.
- When you start an upload, the Processing row line will tell you how many rows of the upload DS has analyzed.
- When the DS processing phase is complete, it will display the number of rows that were Booked on DS, as well as the number of Failed rows.
- DS will then attempt to send the booked items to the engine. DS will display Sent to engine, or the number of items that successfully made it to the engine, as well as the Failed items.
- When you click Download error sheet to see the changes that encountered errors, DS will now also include trafficking error messages. This provides even more data to help you troubleshoot upload issues.
This is normal, as the number of rows in an upload file do not necessarily correspond 1-to-1 with the items that DS traffics to the engine. Here are some examples of when the numbers won't match:
|Action and rows in DS||Action and items on engine|
|Campaign creation: 1 row||Campaign and target group creation: 2 items|
|Ad group creation: 1 row||Ad group and placeholder content keyword: 2 items|
|Creation of ad group and 10 keywords: 11 rows||Ad group creation failure on engine: 0 of 11 items trafficked, 1 failure|
|Keyword edit: 1 row||1 keyword deleted, 1 created: 2 items|
|Ad edit: 1 row||1 ad deleted, 1 created: 2 items|