Edit content in a cell
To enter content in an empty cell, click the cell and add your content. To edit a cell that already has content, double-click the cell and edit the content. Alternatively, you can click the cell once and press Enter or F2.
You can create lines breaks within a cell while editing if you want to improve the look of text that requires line breaks, such as addresses. To create a line break, place your cursor in a cell and press Ctrl+Enter.
Format data in a range of cells
You can format data in your spreadsheets in a variety of ways using the options in the spreadsheet toolbar. You can hover over an icon on the toolbar to see a message describing what that option can do.
Here are the main formatting options:
- Undo or redo last operation
- Change the number, date or currency format
- Format cell contents
- Change font size
- Add bold or strikethrough
- Change color of the text or a background color
- Add borders and adjust border colors, patterns, and thickness
- Align text
- Merge cells horizontally in selected rows
- Wrap text
- Add formulas