Copy a sheet
You can make a duplicate copy of any sheet in a spreadsheet. That copy can be made within the same spreadsheet or into another, separate spreadsheet.
Here's how to copy a sheet to another spreadsheet:
- At the bottom of a spreadsheet, click the down arrow next to the sheet name.
- From the menu, click Copy to...
- Choose the destination spreadsheet from the list.
- Click Select.
The sheet you copy will be duplicated into the destination spreadsheet and positioned as its first sheet. If there's already an existing sheet with the same name, the copied sheet will be named "Copy of sheetname."
To copy one sheet within a spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Click the down arrow next to the sheet name.
- From the menu, select Duplicate.
- A duplicate sheet (which contains the exact formatting) will appear in a new tab beside the original sheet. It's labeled Copy of Sheet.
Re-order sheets within a spreadsheet
If you're working on a spreadsheet that contains more than one sheet, you can change the order of these sheets. Go to the sheet that you'd like to move, and click the down arrow. From the menu, select Move right or Move left.
You can also drag and drop sheets by clicking and dragging a sheet tab until it is in the location you'd like.
Delete a sheet
To delete a single sheet from a spreadsheet, first go to the sheet you'd like to remove. Click the down arrow on the sheet tab, and select Delete from the menu. A warning dialog will appear. If you'd like to delete the sheet, click OK.