You can set notifications to find out when your collaborators have modified your spreadsheets, and learn what sheets or cells they've modified. You can also choose how often you'd like to be notified. Here's how you can enable notifications:
- Go to the Tools menu and select "Notification rules."
- In the window that appears, select when and how often you want to receive notifications:
- When changes are made to the entire spreadsheet
- When changes are made to a specific sheet
- When changes are made to specific cells
- When collaborators are added or removed
- When changes are made to forms
- By 'daily digest' or 'right away'
- Click Save.
In the notifications, collaborators will see the usernames of people who have made changes. Viewers can set notifications but can't see usernames.