To change row height or column width, follow these instructions:
- Place your cursor at the outlying border, next to either the number or label, of the row or column you'd like to re-size.
- Adjust your cursor so that it rests on the dividing line between the row or column you'd like to change, and the next row or column. When this is done, your cursor will turn into a double-sided arrow.
- Left-click your mouse and drag the arrow in the direction you'd like your row or column to expand or contract.
You can also resize rows or columns using your right-click menu. Follow these instructions:
- Make a selection of rows or columns by clicking on the row or column label (ex: Column A or Row 12) and dragging your cursor to where you'd like to end the selection. Alternatively, you can click on a row or column label and use the Shift + arrow keys to complete the selection.
- If you would like to select all columns in your spreadsheet, select Column A and press Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow.
- If you would like to select all rows in your spreadsheet, select Row 1 and press Ctrl + Shift + Down.