You can share any file or Google Doc with others right from the Google Drive app on your iPhone or iPad. You can also collaborate on a Google document in real time.
Share an item
Here's how to share an item from your iPhone or iPad:
- In your Drive, touch the gray arrow next to an item's name to open its details pane.
- Touch the Actions button in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap Share.
- Add a new collaborator by typing his or her email address and then selecting what permissions the new collaborator will have.
- You can also tap an existing collaborator's name to adjust his or her permissions for files that you own or have the rights to share.
- Touch Save in the top-right corner of your screen.
The Drive app’s Google document editor lets you collaborate with other people in real time, even if some contributors are on their computers and others are on their phones. If your collaborators are editing a document, you’ll see a note that they’re working on the document, as well as an indicator for their cursor.
Your document will automatically refresh as your collaborator makes changes, but you can also press the Refresh button in the menu bar. Bandwidth usage is different over 3G and WiFi, so changes made by your collaborators will be delayed by a few seconds on 3G in order to conserve usage.
Send a link
The option to send a link isn't currently available on your iPhone and iPad.