There are limits to the number of people with whom you can share Google docs, files, and folders and how many people can simultaneously collaborate:
- A single Google doc, file, or folder can only be shared with 200 people including viewers, commenters, and editor (doesn't apply to public items).
- Only 50 people can edit and view a document, spreadsheet, presentation, or drawing at the same time. Additional viewers will still be able to preview the item, but they won't be able to edit it, and they won't be visible to others working on the item.
- Up to 10 people can edit and view a presentation or a document at the same time in the older version of Google documents.
If your needs exceed this limit, consider the following:
- When possible, choose the "Public" visibility option.
- Share the doc or file with the mailing list rather than individual people.