Google Drive on the web settings
Change any of the following online settings in drive.google.com by clicking the gear icon in the upper corner and selecting “Settings” from the drop-down menu:
- Time zone
- Bold any updated items
- Show right-to-left controls
- Turn on offline access to Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
Google Drive for your Mac/PC preferences
Adjust any of the following preferences on your computer by opening the Google Drive settings menu.
- Disconnect account: Connect your Google Drive desktop folder to another Google Account (not recommended).
- Buy more storage: Purchase additional Google Drive storage.
- Only sync some folders to this computer: Select which My Drive folders to sync to your computer. De-select the folders you don’t want to sync.
- Sync Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files: Sync all Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files in My Drive to your computer.
- Visit Shared With Me to sync shared items: Add files and folders from My Drive to Shared with me to sync to your computer.
- Start Google Drive automatically when you start your computer: Launches Google Drive and starts syncing My Drive to the Google Drive for desktop folder on your computer.
- Send crash reports to Google: Share your feedback about how Google Drive performs on your PC or Mac (we won’t collect your personal information).
- Misc: Show file sync status icons.
- Proxy: Switch between "Direct connection" and "Automatically detect proxy" settings.