The Save to Google Drive Chrome extension makes it easy to save images, videos, audio, PDFs, documents, and other file types that you find on the web directly to your Google Drive.
Install the extension
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and find the Save to Google Drive Chrome extension.
- Click the blue + Add to Chrome button.
- Select Install.
Save something to Google Drive
Right-click on a link, image, HTML5 audio, or HTML5 video and choose one of the following options to access these items later directly from Drive:
- For links and URLs: “Save Link to Google Drive”
- For images: “Save Image to Google Drive”
- For HTML5 audio: “Save Audio to Google Drive”
- For HTML5 video: “Save Video to Google Drive”
Click on the Drive icon in the upper-right hand corner of Chrome to save the current webpage for future viewing.
You can adjust your settings for both of these by right-clicking on the Drive icon in the upper-right of your Chrome browser and choosing Options. From there, you can select your preferred format for saving webpages as well as whether you would prefer to save uploaded files as Google documents, spreadsheets, or presentations.