Click-to-play video ads are a new type of ad available for sites in the Google network, including AdSense sites. They're available in several ad formats and will be shown only if you're opted in to image ads for one of the supported ad formats. (View available ad formats on the Google AdSense Help Centre.)
Here's how video ads work:
- A video ad served to a page will appear as a static opening image.
- When a user clicks the play button or image, the video will play within the ad space.
- The user can click the display URL or click the ad while it's playing to visit the advertiser's website.
- The user can control the volume.
- The user can choose to replay the video, which won't replay automatically.