Video features might not be enabled for your network. For more information, talk to your account manager.
Create a video line item
To create a video line item in DFP, follow these steps:
- Click the Orders tab.
- Choose one of these options:
- Create a new order.
- Click an existing order in the table, then click New line item.
- Name the line item.
- Select Web as the Platform.
- Select Video VAST.
- In the Master field, enter a video size. Suggested video sizes appear as you type, representing the video sizes in your inventory. The letter "v" appears automatically at the end of all video sizes.
- If you're using companion sizes, follow these steps:
- Enter the appropriate values in the Companion sizes field.
- Under Adjust delivery, choose one of the following options from the Display video (VAST) companion drop-down menu:
- Optional: Companion creatives are optional for this line item.
- At least one: This line item requires that at least one of the companion creatives appear.
- All: This line item requires that all companions appear (one companion for every companion size).
- The companion delivery option that you choose can restrict the inventory available for targeting (see step 8). For example, if you select All, only ad units that have all the companion sizes will show up in the targeting picker.
- We do our best to adhere to your selected delivery options, but they aren't guaranteed, especially if the VAST response isn’t being rendered by the the IMA SDK (Interactive Media Ads Software Development Kit).
- Optional: To enter additional master and companion sizes, click Add size.
- Next to Rotate creative sets, select one of the following options:
- Optional: Set a frequency cap for the line item.
- Next to Frequency, select Set a per user frequency cap.
- Select Stream to limit the number of impressions per video stream.
- Under Add targeting, choose targeting criteria for the line item. You can select one or more of the following options:
- If available for your network, select Video content to target or exclude videos or categories of videos, or content bundles. Browse to select specific videos, or search across video names and metadata.
- Select Video position to target pre-rolls, mid-rolls, or post-rolls, or positions within each. Note that you need to have set up ad rules in order to target positions.
- Select Inventory to assign the line item to one or more ad units. Note that the inventory available here varies depending on the companion delivery option that you selected in step 6.
- Select Custom criteria to add key-value pairs.
- Click Save and...Upload creatives.