- To sign up for Google Site Search, visit http://www.google.com/sitesearch.
- To convert an existing custom search engine to Google Site Search, go to your CSE's control panel and click on the Business tab.
- If you need to provide search for more than 500,000 queries annually, you can buy an off-line version of Google Site Search, which is intended for larger businesses and organizations that have high search query volume from their websites. For more information and pricing on off-line version, please contact us.
With Google Site Search, you can:
- Offer visitors to your site the power and relevance of Google's search technology
- Help your visitors find what they need, increasing your website's conversion and user satisfaction
- Customize the search results look and feel to match your own website
- Specify and prioritize the site(s) and/or pages you want to include in your index
- Decrease your operating costs by leveraging Google's infrastructure and have your search solution hosted by Google
In general, Google Site Search searches across a set of sites you specify. You cannot configure Google Site Search to search the entire web; in consequence, your results are unlikely to match those returned by Google Web Search, for several reasons:
- Google Site Search is designed to include return results only from specified sites.
- Google Site Search doesn’t include Google Web Search features such as Oneboxes, real-time results, universal search, social feaures, or personalized results.
- If your Google Site Search includes more than ten sites, the results may be from a subset of our index and may differ from the results of a 'site:' search on Google.com.