You may be able to use a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard with your Chrome device. Bluetooth technology lets devices communicate wirelessly over short distances. To use a Bluetooth device, make sure it is turned on, then click the status area on your Chrome device to enable Bluetooth.
Check whether Bluetooth is supported
Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears. If you see or in the menu, that means your device is capable of using Bluetooth devices. If you don't see either of these messages, that means your device doesn't support Bluetooth devices.
How to connect a new Bluetooth device
If Bluetooth is supported on your Chrome device, follow these steps:
- Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears.
- Select your Bluetooth status in the menu that appears.
- If Bluetooth is disconnected, click on the disconnected icon to enable, or click Enable Bluetooth in the menu. Your Chrome device will automatically begin scanning for available Bluetooth devices.
- Select the device you wish to add from the list of available Bluetooth devices and click Connect.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to connect your Bluetooth device.
- If you're connecting a mouse, no PIN is normally required. If you're prompted for a PIN, enter the PIN for your mouse using your Chrome device's keyboard.
- If you're connecting a keyboard, enter the randomly generated PIN on the keyboard you wish to pair and press Enter.
You are now ready to use your Bluetooth device. If your Bluetooth device is connected, it will be highlighted in the Bluetooth status area menu.