Before any software changes make it into the official version of the operating system, they're tested in the beta and development versions of the system, also known as "channels". If you have owner permissions, you can switch to these versions to test these latest features and fixes.
To see which channel you're currently using, click the Chrome menu and select About Chrome OS. Your channel is listed after your version.
How to switch channels
- Sign in to your Chrome device with the account that has been designated as the owner.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Help on the "Chrome OS" page that appears.
- Click on the "More info..." link.
- Select the channel you'd like to use from the pulldown menu.
If you decide to test a newer version of Chrome OS, the change will take place the next time your Chrome device checks for updates. If you decide to go back to a more stable version of Chrome OS, you'll be switched back whenever a version that is newer than the version you're currently using becomes available on the channel you've selected.