Your Chrome device has a few settings that you can change only if you're signed in as the device owner. In most cases, the first Google Account used on the Chrome device is designated as the owner.
In general, only owners can adjust the following settings:
- Sign-in permissions
- Network management
- Time zone
- System channel setting
- Usage statistics and crash reports
Check if your account is the owner
If you're not sure which account is set as the owner on your Chrome device, follow these steps to check:
- If you haven’t already, sign in to your Chrome device.
- Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears.
- Select Settings and find the "Users" section.
- Click Manage other users
- If another account is designated as the owner, you'll see the message "These settings may only be modified by the owner" at the top of the page.