- Notifications aren't enabled. Make sure sounds are enabled in your Chat settings.
- You're using Flashblock. If you're using Flashblock, you'll need to adjust your settings.
- Your computer's speakers are muted, or the volume is very low. Make sure your computer's volume and speakers are on, and turned up high enough to hear sounds.
- Flash isn't enabled. Macromedia Flash must be enabled on your computer if you'd like audio notification for each incoming chat. Download it here.
If you have Flash installed on your computer and are still having problems hearing notifications, make sure Flash Player is installed and running correctly on your computer:
- Visit http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome.
- In the Adobe Flash Player section, look for an Installation Complete banner featuring the Flash Player logo. You can roll over the About tab to see which version has been installed on your machine.
If you don't see this banner, please visit the Adobe site to troubleshoot your issue.