Voice and video chat
In order to use Google's voice and video chat feature, your computer and their computer should meet the following requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Mac OS X on an Intel-based Mac
- Ubuntu and other Debian based Linux distributions
- Fedora and other RPM-based Linux distributions
- Google Chrome (download: Windows Mac Linux)
- Firefox 4.0+ (download: Windows Mac Linux)
- Internet Explorer 7.0+
- Safari (download: Mac Windows)
In addition, you need to have a broadband connection to the Internet.
If you're using voice and video chat over a corporate network, your network administrator should ensure that it has ports 80 and 443 open. For the best voice and video quality, we also strongly recommend allowing UDP over any port.