Let's say you have a number of posts with the label
Hawaii but you've decided that you'd rather call it
Vacation instead. You can't edit the name of a label directly, but there's a simple workaround to accomplish your goal:
- Go to the Posts tab for your blog.
- Click on the "All labels" drop-down on top-right and select "Hawaii." This will filter the posts, so you'll only see those with the "Hawaii" label.
- Click the check box at the top of the list of posts to select all the posts.
- Then, click the Label icon and select "Hawaii" to remove the label "Hawaii" from all the posts that are selected.
- While the posts are still selected, click the Label icon again and select "Add new label." Then, type in "Vacation."
- You're done! Now, all the posts that used to have the label "Hawaii" have the label "Vacation" instead.