You can place calls from the Phone app , the People app , or other apps or widgets that display contact information. Wherever you see a phone number, you can usually touch it to dial.
To dial using the Phone app:
- Touch the Phone icon on a Home or All Apps screen.
Notice the three tabs at the top of the phone. You can make calls from any of them.
- The Dialer tab lets you dial manually. Touch the keys to enter the number, then touch the Phone icon below the keypad to dial.
If you enter a wrong number, touch to erase digits one by one.
To see numbers for all your contacts, touch . You can also search your contacts from here.
To dial an international number, touch & hold the 0 key to enter the plus ( + ) symbol. Then enter the international prefix for the country, followed by the full phone number.
- The Call log tab shows recent calls. Touch a call to return it.
- The Favorites tab shows the numbers you usually call. Touch to dial.
You can switch applications during a call—for example, to look up information by using the Browser. The green phone icon appears in the Status bar while the call is underway.
To return to the Phone app while a call is in progress:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal your notifications.
- Touch the green phone icon.
To end a call in progress, touch the End Call icon at the bottom of the screen.