You can use Display ad builder to create video ads hosted by Google, streamlining your workflow without requiring use of a certified vendor or technology.
To create a hosted video ad:
- Sign in to Ad Exchange.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- On the "All online campaigns" page, navigate to and click the ad group that will contain your new ad.
- In the "Ads" tab, click the New ad drop-down and select Video ad.
- From the list of video ad templates, select In-Stream Video ad.
- Enter an Ad Name that will help you identify the ad. It won't be displayed with the ad.
- Click Browse for file, then navigate to and select a video file. Note that the preferred formats are:
- for video codec: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4
- for audio codec: MP3 or AAC
If you're not uploading a video, add one by clicking a link to Select a previously used video, Select a YouTube video, or Create a Video Ad with SpotMixer (Google's video ad creation tool).
- (Optional) In the "Companion Banner" section, click Select image to add a 300x60 companion ad that may be displayed alongside the video where publishers allow banner images.
- Enter the Display URL and Destination URL.
- Click Save.
To ensure the creative you're hosting matches most ad requests on Ad Exchange, please try to limit its duration to 30 seconds or less.