With the Ad Exchange Uploader BETA, you can create, modify, and delete multiple third-party ads using a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel. This feature is currently in beta.
The process is divided into three steps: (1) downloading all your third-party ads, (2) making edits to them in Excel or another spreadhseet program, then (3) uploading the edited ads to Ad Exchange.1. Download your account's third-party ads.
- Go to http://www.google.com/adxbuyer/uploader and sign on with your Ad Exchange username and password.
- Click Download as CSV and save the file to your local drive or network.
- Open the file with a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel, and import it as Unicode (UTF-8).
- Make changes to the spreadsheet:
- Column A of the spreadsheet is Operation. This is where you indicate the type of changes you are making to each ad. The Operation column is left blank by default.
- All the other columns correspond to elements of the ads: Campaign Name, Ad Group Name, Ad ID, Ad Status, Ad Name, Destination URL, Ad Size, etc.
- Note that modifications need to fall within the required parameters. If, for example, you mis-type an ad technology name, you will be notified when uploading the file that an error has been found in that field. You can then make any corrections.
- Entries you make are case insensitive.
- The table below describes the fields, displayed as column headings, in the downloaded CSV file. It also provides guidance on how to edit each of them.
Field Instructions Operation
Make no changes to an ad: If you leave the operation field blank (the default), that row will be ignored, whether or not you made changes to other fields in the row. You can also delete a row, and no changes will be made to the ad.As a best practice, we recommend deleting the rows corresponding to all the ads you don't want to edit.
Create a new ad: Create a new, blank row, and enter 'Add' in its Operation column. If you're adding an ad to an existing campaign or ad group, consider copying rows of an existing ad from the same group or campaign into the new row as a starting point.Leave the Ad ID column blank for new ads.
Modify an existing ad: Enter "Modify" in its Operation column, and make your changes.
Delete an ad: Enter "Delete" in its Operation column.
Campaign Name Maximum of 255 characters. Ad Group Name Maximum of 255 characters. Ad ID
- If you are creating a new ad, leave this field blank.
- For existing ads, do not modify this value.
Ad Status Enter any of Active, Inactive, or Paused. Ad Name Maximum of 255 characters. Destination Url A URL of the form http://www.example.com/landing-page. Ad Size Acceptable ad sizes
Ad Technology Acceptable ad technologies
DoubleClick Rich Media Unit
Atlast Rich Media Unit
Bluestreak Rich Media Unit
United Virtualities Unit
SMART Ad Server Unit
24/7 Real Media Unit
Dynamic Logic/Safecount Unit
Factor TG Unit
Google Expandable Unit
Nielsen IAG Research Unit
Image & Flash (gif, jpg, png, swf)
AdSafe Media Unit
The Media Trust Unit
Quantcast AdServing Unit
Ad Collects Data
Ad collects data for subsequent use in targeting or re-marketing.
Entry can be True or False. User List Targeting
Ad targets consumers using cookies based on re-marketing lists
Entry can be True or False. Interest Category Targeting
Ad targets consumers using cookies based on interest categories
Entry can be True or False. Ad targets consumers using cookies based on interest categories. Video Enter any of Adobe Flash FLV, Flash Player, QuickTime, or Windows Media. You can enter multiple types seperated by a semicolon (;). Impression Beacon Url A URL of the form http://www.example.com/tracking-event/. HTML The snippet of HTML code that will display your third-party ads.
- Save the CSV file.
- On the Uploader screen, click Upload, then Browse. Locate the file on your local drive or network, then click Open.
- Click Import.
- When the result is a successful ad upload, a summary is displayed that divides results into ADD, MODIFY, and DELETE.
- Any errors are detailed with specifics by row and field.