You can exclude ads in a campaign from delivering on websites categorized by specific page types, such as error pages or social networks.
To exclude page types:
- Go directly to the Site and Category Exclusion tool by visiting adwords.google.com/select/ContentExclusionStart. You might be asked to sign in.
- In the Campaign drop-down, select the campaign whose exclusions you'd like to edit.
- On the Page Types tab, click the checkboxes of the page types you want to exclude (e.g., Forums).
- Click Save all changes.
Note: If you only have one campaign, you will not see the drop-down.
Familiarize yourself with the following points about page type exclusion:
- Excluding a page type can significantly reduce traffic to your campaign. You can see how much traffic your ads have received on pages in these categories by viewing the table on the Page Types tab.
- While web pages are categorized under these page types to the best of our technology's ability, excluding a page type does not guarantee that you have excluded every related web page. If you see that your ad has shown on an undesired web page, please exclude that page using the Sites tab.
Also learn about these exclusion types: