If you own or manage a website, blog, or forum, AdSense can help you earn from your content.
AdSense for content is a way for website publishers of all sizes to earn money by displaying Google ads on their website's content pages. The ads are related to what your users are looking for on your site, so they'll help you enhance your content pages while earning from them.
Through AdSense, ads from Google's advertiser network are served on content pages like this one, from nameadog.com.
AdSense is free, and you'll earn when users click on or view the ads on your site, depending on the type of ad. For more information, visit the sections below:
How does it work?
- Google places relevant cost-per-click (CPC) and cost per thousand impressions (CPM) ads in the same auction and lets them compete against one another. The auction takes place instantaneously and when it's over our system automatically picks the advertisers who are willing to pay the most.
- Keep your users coming back with contextually targeted ads. You want to make more money from advertising, but you don't want to show irrelevant ads to your users. AdSense solves this problem by automatically delivering text ads, display ads, link units and high-end mobile ads that are precisely targeted to your site and your site content -- ads so well-matched that your readers will actually find them useful.
- Access thousands of advertisers with minimal effort. AdSense displays ads from our vast network of AdWords advertisers. Our advertisers range from global brands to small local companies, in categories from Education to Travel, Mortgages to Patio Furniture, and just about everything in between.
What features does AdSense provide?
- Block unwanted ads: You can filter competitive ads, or other ads you want to keep off your site, simply by telling us which URLs to block.
- Choose your own default ads: In the unlikely event that Google can't show targeted ads on your page, we'll let you display a backup ad of your choice. This ensures that your advertising space is always being used effectively.
- Customize ads to complement your site: We let you customize the appearance of your ads to match your site's look and feel. Choose from our pre-set color palettes, or design your own palette from over 200 colors.
- Track your earnings with online reports: With AdSense, you can monitor your ad performance with customizable online reports that offer details like the number of ad impressions, clicks, and click-through rate. Our flexible reporting tools let you track the performance of specific ad formats, colors and pages, and spot trends quickly and easily.
- Get ads on your high-end mobile website: Our crawler is intelligent enough to detect which types of phones your users are using. With AdSense for content, we'll deliver the best optimized ads, whatever device your users happen to be viewing your site with.