Responsibility for user-generated content
Publishers are responsible for ensuring that the content of all pages upon which their ads appear complies with our program policies, even if the content is generated by users. While we understand that it may be challenging to monitor content which is frequently updated, to participate in AdSense and ensure that your account is in good standing, you must monitor the pages where your ad code appears.
Here are some tips that may help you monitor your network for policy violations:
- Educate your users about AdSense policies
- Perform a human evaluation of each page or site before placing ad code there
- Proactively review your top pages at least once a week
- Add keywords filters, e.g. adult content, pay-to services, hacking content, gambling content, etc. Although we're unable to provide information on "keyword filtering" or "content filtering", you may wish to search for this information on Google.
- Add a 'Report a violation' link to all pages with user-generated content