To sign up for Google Apps, you provide an Internet domain name for your organization. The domain name is the unique name that appears in the URLs for your web sites and after the @ sign in your users' email addresses. It often takes the form of your organization's name and a standard Internet suffix, such as google.com or stateuniversity.edu.
If you want to use Google Apps but you don't have a domain name, you can purchase a domain name as part of the sign-up process. We've partnered with a select group of domain registrars (available in US English only) to help you get started.
To purchase a domain name while signing up for Google Apps:
- Go to http://www.google.com/a and click Start Free Trial.
- Enter information about you and your business, then click Next.
- Select the option to Buy a new domain, enter the domain name you'd like to register in the text box, and select the appropriate top-level domain (.com, .edu, and so on) by clicking the arrow buttons next to the default .com.
- Click Check availability.
Google checks whether the selected domain name is available. If someone else has already registered the name, repeat steps 3 and 4 with a new name. If the domain name is available, the rest of the form becomes ungrayed. Complete the remaining fields to create your Google Apps account.
When you register a new domain name, Google registers the name for you through one of our partners. The package includes:
- Domain registration for a yearly fee
Once you get started, you can always reach your domain registrar through the Google Admin console. Since we're handling the configuration for your Google Apps services, you may not need to contact your registrar. If that's the case, you can automatically renew your domain registration in the Google Admin console.
- Full DNS control and domain management
You can manage the DNS settings for your domain and customize any functionality that suits you or your organization.
- Domain locking at no extra charge
Our partners provide an additional level of security to protect against unauthorized domain transfers.
- Automatically configured to work with Google services
When you activate a service in your Google Admin console, we'll configure your DNS settings for you. For example, you can simply add 'Email' to your list of services and we'll set up your MX records to properly send and deliver mail for your domain.
All sales are final.
To access your hosting account, click Advanced DNS settings in your Admin console. You'll be directed outside of Google.