If you need to temporarily disable access to an account, you can suspend the user. This disables the account without deleting the user's profile and related information, such as documents, calendar events, and email. If the user has shared any documents, sites, or secondary calendars, these shared assets are still accessible to collaborators.
A suspended user cannot sign in to his or her account, and new information, such as emails and calendar invitations, are blocked.
After you or another administrator suspend an account, you can restore the account at any time.
To suspend a user:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Find the user account. You can either search or browse:
- Search: Use the search box at the top of the Google Admin console to search for the user name.
- Browse: Click Users and select an organization from the organizational structure.
In the new Admin console, click to see organizational units and filter criteria.
- Click the name of the user account to display the user information page.
- In the new Admin console, click the pull-down menu under the user's picture and select Suspend user. In the classic Admin console, click Suspend user in the top right.
- Click ok in the confirmation box.
To confirm that a user is suspended, click Users and check the Status column to see if the user is marked as Suspended.