Before users can sign in and access Google Apps, they need Google Apps user accounts. There are several ways to add user accounts, including adding them using the Google Admin console as described here.
To add a user account:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Users.
- Select the organizational unit to which you want to add the user.
In the new Admin console, click to see organizational units and filter criteria.
- Click in the new Admin console, or Add users in the classic Admin console. (Which Admin console do I have?)
- Select the Create user manually option and click Continue.
- Enter the new user's First Name, Last Name, and Primary email address in the appropriate fields.
- If applicable, select the home domain for the user.
If you have multiple domains associated with your Google Apps account, the field to the right of the @ sign is a drop-down list with the available domains. The domain you select will be the portion of the user's email address that appears after the @ sign.
- (Optional) Set the user’s initial password.
Google Apps generates an initial temporary password for the new user. To set a different initial password, click Set password and enter the password twice. Google requires the password to be at least eight characters. See Password help for tips on creating a strong password.
- Click Create new user.
- Click Email instructions or Print instructions to deliver the account information to the new user.
If you email the instructions, be sure to send the message to an email address that is currently accessible to the user, not to the new email address.
- Click Done.
- (Optional) Edit additional user settings.
To set other user settings, such as adding the new user to groups or omitting the user’s information from your Google Apps Directory, click the user's name in the list. See Manage user accounts for instructions.