If you'd like Google Apps for your nonprofit, please apply to the Google for Nonprofits program. With approval, your nonprofit uses the Google Apps for Education edition.
If you are a school or educational institution, you do not need to apply to the Google for Nonprofits program. Instead, you apply directly to Google Apps for Education.
Nonprofits should follow these steps:1. Apply to Google for Nonprofits.
Apply online for Google for Nonprofits. When you apply, we recommend that you use a Gmail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Using an email address in your organization's domain (email@example.com) can result in a conflicting account if you re-create this account in Google Apps.
Google verifies your eligibility for the program. Reviewing the application can take up to 30 days. To check on your organization's status, sign in here and go to the status page.
After Google finishes reviewing your application, you'll receive an email containing your approval status:
- If your application is approved, go to step 3.
- If your application is not approved, read the FAQs page for answers to common questions about the approval process.
Go to Google Apps for Education to sign up for a Google Apps account for your domain name.
If you don't already own a domain, you can purchase one through this signup flow. Once you've completed the signup flow, you'll have a 30-day free trial Google Apps account, which you'll need when you request an upgrade to the Google Apps for Education edition (see step 4).
If you already have a Google Apps account, go to step 4.
Follow the steps below to enroll in Google Apps for Nonprofits:
- After you set up a Google Apps account with your domain (step 3), go to the Google for Nonprofits site.
- Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
- Navigate to the application status page. You should see that your application has been approved.
- Click Enroll Now, which appears next to your approved application.
- On the Enrollments page, look for Google Apps for Nonprofits. Click the Enroll Now link below Google Apps for Nonprofits.
- Fill out the Google Apps enrollment form. Make sure to submit your domain name with the correct formatting - for example, google.org. Do not include www or http.
Approval of the upgrade to the Google Apps for Education edition takes approximately 15 days, but the time could be slightly longer. While you're waiting for approval, you'll have access to Google Apps because you're in a 30-day free trial of Google Apps. Please remember that during the trial, you can have a maximum of 10 users in the account.
No data is lost with the upgrade from the 30-day free trial to the Education edition.
After your enrollment is processed, you'll receive an email stating that you have access to Google Apps for Education. You're now ready to use the features in the Google Apps for Education edition.