Administrators control user access to various types of Google services, including:
- Google Apps for Business, including enterprise versions of Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and more.
- Apps available from the Google Apps Marketplace.
- Other Google services, including Blogger, YouTube, and more.
- The way to control access to services differs depending on your Admin console user interface. Which Admin console do I have?
- Some services depend on other services. For example, Google+ depends on Calendar, Drive, Talk, and Picasa; you can't turn Google+ ON unless the other services are also ON.
- It may take up to 24 hours for a service ON / OFF change to take effect.
- To control service access for a single user, create an organizational unit containing just that user.
- On the dashboard, click the type of app you want to enable (Google Apps, Marketplace Apps, or Other Google Services).
- Select the checkbox next to the services you want to turn on/off. If you don't see the service you want, click and add it.
- Click to turn the selected services on, or to turn the selected services off.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Turn ON/OFF for everyone or Turn ON/OFF for selected orgs. If you click the latter, the organizational hierarchy appears:
- Select the organizational unit for which you want to configure service availability.
- Select the services you want to turn on/off.
- Click to turn the selected services on, to turn the selected services off, or to configure the organizational unit to inherit the setting from its parent.
You can also turn an individual service on or off as follows:
- On the dashboard, click the type of service you want to turn on/off.
- Click the service in the list that appears.
- Click the controls under the icon.
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Users.
- If you have an organizational structure, select the organizational unit for which you want to turn services on or off. If all of your users are in one organizational unit, no organizational tree appears.
- Click the Services tab. The Services tab shows whether each service is currently ON or OFF for users in your organization or, if you have an organizational structure, the selected organizational unit. It also shows whether the current setting was Inherited from a parent organizational unit (as it is by default) or has been Overridden for this organizational unit. Changing the availability of the service for an organizational unit affects any organizational units that are its children in the organizational tree. The children organizational units inherit the new setting unless you override it.
You can turn a core Google Apps service ON or OFF only when the service is enabled at the account level. Disabled core services do not appear in the list on the Services page.
- To change the setting for one or more services, click ON or OFF in the row for that service.
- Click Save changes.