Email data expires in 30 days. If you disable a domain's email service for more than 30 days, users lose all email messages. Re-enabling email after that time results in empty email accounts.
To disable Google Apps Email for your entire domain:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain.
- Scroll down to the Uninstall Service section, and click Uninstall Email.
- You are presented with a page that lists the consequences of uninstalling Email for your domain. Examine the consequences carefully to determine whether you want to proceed.
- Click Yes, uninstall Email It can take up to 30 minutes for the change to take effect.
- Click Save changes.
We recommend changing your MX records before uninstalling our mail service or deleting user accounts. If you first uninstall Google Apps mail, all messages addressed to your domain will bounce back to the sender. By changing your MX records to another mail service first, all messages addressed to your domain will be directed to the inboxes of your user accounts at the other mail service.