As an administrator, you can edit any group in your domain to change its membership, roles, access settings, name and description, and email address (Google Groups for Business only). Just go to the group's page in your Admin console and make the changes.
To access the group's page in your Admin console:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Groups.
Where is it? Which Admin console do I have?
- Click the name of the group you want to modify.
- If you have the new Admin console, click Manage users or . If you have the classic Admin console, go to the next step.
- Enter the user names or email addresses of the users you want to add to the group. Separate each entry with commas.
- Optionally, change the role from Member to Owner or Manager.
- Click Add.
- Check the box next to the members you want to remove.
- Click Remove members.
- Members you remove no longer receive email addressed to the group.
- Removing a member from a group does not delete the user's account.
- If you delete the group owner, the group still works normally. As an administrator, you can manage the group or assign ownership to another user.
- Check the box next to the members whose roles you want to change.
- In the More Actions drop-down list, select the role. Learn more about group roles
- Do one of the following:
- If the Google Groups for Business service is enabled, click Access settings. You'll be taken to the group's Access settings tab in your Google Groups for Business service. Learn more about group settings in the Google Groups for Business service
- If the Google Groups for Business service is disabled, click Roles and permissions. You can change the preset access level or select custom settings. Learn more about access settings
- Select the access setting you want to use.
- Click Save.
Go to the group's page in your Admin console.
- Click Change group info.
- Change the group's name or description.
- Click Save group info.
Once you change a group's address:
- Email messages sent to the original address are not delivered.
- The web address (URL) for the group, (including its discussion archive) is changed, so the group can no longer be accessed at its original URL.
To allow members to continue to receive messages addressed to the group's original address, create another group with that address, and then add the group's new address as a member. Messages sent to the original address will then be forwarded to the new address.
- Click View in groups service.
- Click Group settings on the right.
- Click the General tab.
- Click Edit.
- In the Enter new address field, enter the group's new address.
- Click Save changes.