The Contact Manager has been redesigned to present new features in a new interface. The new Contact Manager does not affect the way contacts are stored or shared. As with the original Contact Manager, only an account administrator can manage the contacts directory, and all users cannot share their personal contacts with other users. Users can find information on navigating the Contacts Manager in the Gmail Help Center section on Managing Contacts.
Users can access the new Contact Manager by clicking the Contacts link in the left navigation bar from any screen in Gmail or by clicking the Contacts link at the top of the page in any other App, such as Docs or Calendar. The new Contact Manager is not available for domains that do not use Gmail.
In addition to the updates to Contacts listed in the Overview of what’s new in Gmail, the new Contact Manager includes the following features:
- Restore contacts: Revert to an earlier saved version of personal contacts
- Save any directory contact as a personal contact by clicking Add to "My Contacts"
- Keyboard shortcuts
- A default template for business contacts that includes title and organization fields
- A bigger, more prominent notes field
- Browsable Google Apps Directory: Full browsable list of all contacts in your domain (Contacts sharing must be enabled by the administrator)
The new Contact Manager is integrated with Gmail, making it easier for users to manage their personal contacts while sending email. This interface also requires users to make fewer clicks per action than the original Contact Manager.
Note: This image features the Gmail theme "Preview."