You can help us improve Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® by opting to send crash and usage statistics to us. When first creating your profile in Google Apps Sync, just check the Send crash reports and usage statistics box. While you're using Google Apps Sync, we'll gather data that might help us improve Google Apps Sync's performance or, in the case of a crash, prevent the problem from happening again. See below for details about what information is sent.
Usage statistics are sent periodically as you use Google Apps Sync and contain no personal information, such as your name, email address, email message content, or anything like that. Instead, the type of information we gather includes (but is not limited to):
- The version of Windows and Outlook you're using
- Stats about your computer such as disk space and memory
- How often you use Google Apps Sync and how long you leave it open
- Your local mailbox size limit
- Your usage of Google Apps Sync's system tray menu and various dialogs
- The Google Apps Sync settings in your Windows registry
A crash report is sent to us if Outlook unexpectedly closes while you're using Google Apps Sync. This report can include personal data as well as information about your system, such as:
- Your name or email address
- The version of Google Apps Sync you're using
- Any associated files and services that were running when Outlook crashed
- Data that was being processed during the crash, which might include contact or message information
View your Crash reports
Each crash report that's sent to us is stored in a file on your computer, in your Temp folder. To open these reports and see exactly what data we're receiving from you:
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Local Settings\Temp.
- Open a report file in a text editor such as Notepad.
Opt out of sending one or both reports
If you later want to stop sending us either crash reports or usage statistics, you can modify your Windows registry by changing either of the following registry key values to 0:
- Disable usage stats:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Apps Sync\UsageStats\UsageStatsEnabled
- Disable crash reports: