As a Google Apps account administrator, you can restore some suspended user accounts. You can restore users you (or another administrator) suspended, and you may be able to reset users automatically suspended from Gmail only for exceeding any account limits.
Please note, most users will be able to regain access automatically within 24 hours. You cannot re-enable any user with an abusive account status.
To restore a suspended user account:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Find the suspended user account. You can either search or browse:
- Search: Use the search box at the top of the Google Admin console to search for the username associated with the user account.
- Browse: On the users page, select an organization from the organizational structure, then select Suspended users in the drop-down menu. To see the organizational structure in the new Admin console, click .
- Click the suspended user to see User information.
- In the new Admin console, select Restore user from the drop-down list under the user's picture. In the classic Admin console, click Restore user in the yellow bar near the top of the page to reset the account. Restored users can sign in and regain full access to the Apps account.