If you've created a new Google Apps account for your organization's email, calendars, documents, and sites, you can migrate your data from your old account to your new one. In addition to Apps to Apps migrations, these instructions can be used for Gmail to Apps migrations.
Here's a list of data transfer options available for Google Apps:
- Email: Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Exchange is a utility that migrates all of your mail, including labels and archived mail, to another account. Instructions for using the utility to migrate email
Gmail accounts also offer an option to download all mail to your computer via POP or IMAP access with a local desktop client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. Please note that these two methods (POP and IMAP) download your mail in different ways. See Getting started with IMAP for Gmail for details.
Please note both Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Exchange and the IMAP methods expect that you have removed folder size limits and revealed all folders to IMAP. See IMAP and POP access for instructions.
- Contacts: Each email account allows users to export the contacts list in a CSV or vCard format.
- Calendar: Google Calendar offers the ability to download an iCal file to your desktop (limited to calendars that are publicly shared), or you can download all calendars in your 'My Calendars' list. You can also choose to share individual calendars with email addresses in your new account.
- Drive: Google Drive lets you manually download a file to your computer in various formats. You can also share individual documents with email addresses in your new account and then copy them. You can also use the API to export/import documents programmatically.
- Sites: You can share individual sites with an email address on your new domain and then copy the site.
- More Google applications: You can find additional information about moving data from other Google applications in the Google Accounts Help Center.
Additionally, some advanced options include Google Data APIs for Calendar, Contacts, Drive, and Spreadsheets.
Some data can't currently be migrated to a new account.
- Groups: You can use the Provisioning API to recreate your groups, but the group archives can't be migrated.
- Video: You can export your videos and then import them into your new account.